This Peruvian plant is highly cultivated by farmers and it is seen in a variety of smoothies, lattes, capsules or beauty products. This alleged dried powder helps to boost the low energy levels and there is a rumor that it also helps in one’s love life well it is not to be believed for sure because research is still going on regarding the same. There are a variety of advantages with this root powder which are not only certain but also extremely beneficial. Before the consumption of this just make sure to check the presence of ingredients in your product and make sure only maca root powder is there.
There are some misconceptions regarding this product. One of the most asked questions is if maca powder can help with libido?
With this product, it is better to not expect any magic stirring up in the love life. Some studies have suggested that it helps in libido in a calculated proportion but does not accelerate the exact cause. It is not wise to think it can get anyone in the desired mood rather it is worth giving a try. Just make sure before the intake that no symptoms of anxiety, depression or any medicated treatment are coming in line.
Another most asked question is if maca powder can help in menopause? Regarding this question, it was found that consuming 3.5 grams of the Powder regularly for 6 weeks can improve the psychological symptoms and it helps to regulate anxiety or depression. It can also improve the blood pressure level and if you are struggling with the same, it is better to instantly refer to the doctor.
Is it good for me?
The answer to this question depends upon the ability to deal with the earthy, butterscotch and nutty like the taste of maca powder then one can absolutely have it. Maca can be consumed with oatmeal or other treats to extract vitamins and minerals in abundance. It is also low in calories and contains lots of vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, iron and copper.
How can I consume maca powder?
The health benefit of Maca is justified because it does not contain caffeine. There is no scientific evidence presented with this product to boost the energy level or enhance stamina in anyone. Maca is an easy product to consume and can be simply added to any of the things mentioned below to enhance its taste. It can easily be paired with-
- Chocolate milk or coffee
- Fruit smoothies
- Granola or oatmeal
If you are new to the dosage then start with a half teaspoon. It can be experimented with caramel flavor to make it tastier.
What are the benefits of maca?
Let us burst the bubble and learn about some of the incredible advantages of this root powder.
- Enhance the Sexual drive- based upon a study if someone takes this product for 12 weeks then it can improve the antidepressant and induced sexual dysfunction in the body and can help to increase the sexual drive.
- Combat Anxiety and depression- if taken for 6 weeks then it lowers the symptoms of anxiety or depression. It also helps to improve mood and reduce fatigue in the body.
- Maintain blood pressure and sugar level- the action of maca is also associated with lowering the blood pressure. It also has a genuine effect on blood pressure. It also helps to lower the blood glucose level in the body.
- Bone health- consuming this product helps to decrease the pain and stiffness in the body. It also helps to improve physical function, especially in osteoarthritis patients. Based upon a study if it is consumed for 4 months then it significantly helps to increase bone density.
- Check over menopause- the extreme symptoms of menopause like irritability, discomfort from the flashes and night sweating can be controlled with maca. If it is taken for 2 months regularly then one can lower follicle-stimulating and luteinizing hormone in the body. It also helps to increase the estrogen and progesterone hormones in postmenopausal women.
- It improves thyroid and metabolism- the two most serious causes like thyroid dysfunction and autoimmunity issues (Hashimoto disease) can lead to a variety of problems. By consuming maca helps to check over them and it will normalize the metabolism. It also helps to balance the thyroid.
- It can increase fertility in men and women- as we have seen it helps to maintain hormonal balance and cycle it is considered a supreme product to improvise the natural fertility in men and women. In males, it can help in sperm count and in females, it helps to conceive better.
- Prostate function in men- in men the function of the prostate gland is to regulate hormone production, erectile function, semen production and many more. Consuming maca for the regular time period can help them maintain a healthy prostate with age.
- To improve mental focus and memory- in Peru (locals) it is known as the food of the brain which is considered extremely important to improve the mental health and memory function. It can also improve cognitive function, motor coordination, slow down age, endurance capacity and many more.
- It can boost Athletic performance- there is a myth that in the early history Incan warriors could consume 200 gm of maca before going to the battle to have absolute strength. This helps to increase the oxygen in the body along with improving the stamina, brain function and muscles. It can also help to improve the performance of the athletes which helps them build external strength and endurance.
Apparently, there are no major side effects associated with the consumption of maca and if moderate doses are taken it will only do good. If someone has serious thyroid problems then it is advised to avoid its use because it has some serious effects upon hormone levels. Maca is said to have more sexual benefits rather than just health benefits. Some large scale studies are also prevailing with its consumption but at present, it is in a clear spot of advantages.