The article will put light on citrulline vs arginine which also puts forward the topic of amino acids. Amino acids are basically organic compounds that are meant to produce proteins in the body. These two form the building blocks of a person’s body. When proteins in the body get digested or are broken down then these amino acids still remain which further helps the body to develop proteins which in turn help the body to grow and repair worn out tissues.Such examples of amino acids are citrulline and arginine. The citrulline falls in the category of non-essential amino acids. The kidneys in the human body change this citrulline into other amino acids namely the arginine along with a substance called nitric oxide. The processes that happen within our bodies are remarkable. Every organ of the body is involved in some or the other chemical process that keeps the body going and plays an important role for the proper functioning of the body. Since the citrulline is consumed by people which in turn in processed by the kidney, it is obvious that there might be the certain effect of it on the same. Following in the article you will come to know what its effects are and how it gets processed within the body.
- Citrulline is a non-essential amino acid that is important to boost your immune system and sometimes might be important for your heart and blood vessels also.
- It is important to know why people consume this. It helps in boosting the nitric oxide production in the body that helps in the relaxation of the arteries. As a result, the blood flows in your body increases and in turn better circulation.
- Sometimes this also helps in the prevention of certain diseases. This is also known to lower your blood pressure if you are suffering from hypertension.
- The prehypertension might land you up in the risk of heart disease and high blood pressure issues.
- If you have symptoms of mild to moderate ED which is erectile issues while having intercourse, you might also end up curing it with the supplement.
- It should not be mistaken for Viagra however it is almost safe to consume. Some other researchers say that the amino acid is known to improve muscle proteins and increase its level.
- If you suffer from relatively slow healing of wounds due to diabetes, then it might also get treated with this supplement.
Disorders cured by citrulline
- Certain disorders like liver issues or genetic disorders might be cured with the citrulline.
- Parkinson’s disease is also known to get cured by some early research.
- To build up the muscle performance and include stamina within the citrulline is consumed by some people.
Steps to consume citrulline
Since the supplement comes in powder form it is suggested to consume it as per the disease that prevails. However, in general, you can consume it 9gm per day naturally divided into even schedules. The active ingredients and stuffs might vary according to the products so it is a little difficult to set the dosage.
The arginine amino acid
Arginine is an amino acid that is considered to be essential in various physiologic conditions in case of high demand. The dietary arginine supplement has certain drawbacks in terms of the first-pass extraction. It is considered that citrulline can be a better option than arginine. However, arginine is also known to have improved blood flow in the arteries and veins. Since it is involved in the biosynthesis of proteins it also works in increasing the metabolism of the body.
Need of arginine
- Essential amino acids are the ones that are not produced by the body and need to be consumed by the food.
- Arginine is an essential amino acid that is needed for children’s growth but for adults, it is not that important.
- The body makes arginine anyway when citrulline is consumed. It is often developed from the foods you eat so it makes it less important for you to consume it.
- However, at times of stress or depression, you might fall short of arginine in the body which might call for the need of the same.
- Arginine helps kidneys in removing waste and boosts your system.
- Mostly it is taken up by people as an additional supplement to manage certain heart diseases.
- Larger doses must be avoided as it may carry risks for those who are already on some other medication.
- However, the best thing is taking arginine naturally from foods and avoiding supplements.
Arginine vs citrulline
Since arginine is an essential amino acid and is consumed by foods itself it calls for the lesser need of additionally consuming it. Foods like turkey, pork loin, chicken, pumpkin seeds and more provide arginine naturally when you consume it.Whereas citrulline is a non-essential amino acid that can be taken via supplements and has proven benefits. It is not a compulsion to consume it but you can do so if you want to boost up your system and increase the building blocks of your body. It is best suited for adults as it keeps you going even in the midst of a hectic lifestyle. You must take in the powder form as it is already available and take dosages as recommended by experts you consult. You can shop online for these products and look for the desired quote before buying.
It sometimes becomes essential to take up these supplements as you might not be proper enough on your diets. These supplements might provide you with the deficient nutrients and when talking about amino acids these are the building blocks of your body and a necessity to consume. Since they come in powdered form, it makes it simpler for you to consume the same. Hence try out for these and notice the difference in your health. If you feel it is positive then you might continue with these in the same amount. So buy these online and start consuming.